Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Sharing my Adventures- (fall 2016) Beginning: Airport

Hello everyone,
I know I have been MIA and have not posted anything since 2014. However, something inspired me this year and pushed me to start writing again... so here I am!! :)
This year I have been having many first-time experiences… However, there were few special first-time experiences that I would like to share with you all as they have made a difference in my life.
(Note: there will be 2 posts in total, both written in parts. the next post is a continuation of this one)


I am currently typing from my dorm room kitchen in Mountain View. It is 10:35 pm and I am waiting for my laundry to finish. The window beside me is open, and i can feel the cool breeze on my skin. It feels so amazing to be out here in the Bay Area, Ca, during the fall season (if you have never visited California, I reccommend visiting during the spring or fall). 


As it's usually said, "Let's start from the beginning..."

I start off my 16-hour flight trip back to San Francisco airport from Dubai for the end of summer (/fall beginning) quarter, all by myself for the first time. Even though I am almost 26, my parents are just a little slow in accepting changes in relation to my growing up. So sometimes I need to be patient with them and take things step-by-step. Usually, my dad would fly with me to California every time i were traveling back to Ca for school. This time, finally I got to fly by myself to SFO and I enjoyed this experience.
First, when I landed at the SFO airport my friend, Laura, was to pick me up at 4 pm and I got there early. I had no internet on my phone or a US sim card (i had forgotten my previous one at home, silly me!), so I couldn't contact my friend to let her know I was early. However, i became friends with a girl my age whom I met on the flight. I told her my situation and she was happy to lend me her phone to make a call. So I called Laura from her phone, however, it went to voicemail and I left her a voice message. Then the girl from the flight left and I had no other choice but to wait patiently until 3:30 p.m. While I waited at the airport, I was filled with awe and inner joy when I saw passengers arriving and greeting their family members. Couples meeting after a long time and greeting each other with kisses and hugs. Some others being surprised to see their family members making it to the airport to receive them and screaming in joy. It was such a beautiful and touching sight. At 3:30pm, I go to the information and ask if there is anywhere I can make calls from and the lady tells me where the phones were and how to make local calls. I called up my friend and finally, she picked up and said she was on her way and would be arriving in 10 minutes. So, while I waited I went into contemplation and found out what this experience at the airport had taught me:

  1. Patience,
  2. Go with the Flow,
  3. Faith.

Then, my friend/classmate picks me up from the airport and we head to first grab a bite to eat. She gets me to try Chipotle for the first time, and I love it... especially when i had it with veggies and Avocado paste. Yum!! 


I am hoping to inspire you guys from sharing my experiences to start enjoying your travel. Just open your eyes, "take a pause", "Breath... Deep and Slow", and "look around". 
You will be amazed by what you see, and how differently you perceive things and enjoy. 
As simple as that! 
Try and see :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Just what I needed. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete