Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Sharing my Adventures - (Fall 2016) Camping!


Continuing on from my previous post "sharing my adventures- (fall 2016) Beginning: Airport)... 

After enjoying the yummy early dinner from Chipotle, we then head to the camping spot in Saratoga to a park called San Burn County park. This happened to be my first time camping ever.


I got to enjoy the experience of being in the wilderness, setting up the tent from scratch... the extreme cold, and the wonderful love i was receiving from nature. The first night I slept in the tent, I was cold and initially scared to the point that I almost peed in my pajamas. I kept waking up during the night, shaking my tent roomie awake saying,
"Did you hear that sound? I feel someone or some animal is around our tent"
Laura’s reaction: "Go back to sleep, it’s nothing!"
Then I had to go pee in the middle of the night because it was so cold, I woke her up again saying,
https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v5/ff6/2/16/1f609.png"I am scared and I need to go pee. Can you come with me?"
She said, "There is no one outside, just go pee in the bushes" and so I did!

This experience of my first-night camping made me stronger and I realized, it’s all in the head- 'if you are afraid, your imagination of the fear will make the fear bigger and scarier than it really is'. So just face it! and be done with it! Once you face it, you will realize there was nothing to it, and you would eventually at the end of the experience come out wiser and stronger, just like I did.
I loved the experience of sleeping at sunset (around 8:30/9:00 pm) and waking up just around sunrise (6:30 am), to the sound of my stomach rumbling. I would walk out the tent freezing but happy to see the sun out and hear the birds chirping. I would walk on the trail with gigantic trees on either side of me. I'd be singing songs to myself and to the nature around me, saying "Thank you beautiful Mother Nature" and "I love you Mother Nature".
I would sing songs like "You are my flashlight". I'd give hugs to the trees saying, "I love you".
It felt amazing.


On the last day when I was leaving the campsite to move into my room in MountainView, I had tears in my eyes. I just did not want to leave this beautiful place in nature that felt more like home to me than home actually did (even though I missed a warm blanket when it got cold)
Being surrounded with nature, made me feel more grounded, humble, and happier. I am very grateful that my classmate Laura was there with me and if it wasn't for her, I would never have been able to enjoy this experience.


So, I recommend this to all my readers - Go outside of your homes/work place, and spend some quality time in nature:
1 1)     Go for a walk in the park.
2 2)     Walk on the wet sand at the beach (very therapeutic).
3 3)     Hiking.
4 4)     Breath the fresh oxygenated air outdoors.
5 5)     Leave your cell phones and other gadgets indoors.
6 6)     Hear the sound of waves crashing at the beach and the sound of the cool breeze.
7 7)     Listen and watch the leaves on the trees moving/dancing to the breeze.
8 8)     The sound of birds chirping, humming birds, crickets and other beautiful nature sound
9 9)     Watch the sun rise/set, and the different colors of the beautiful sky.

Trust me, just spending a few minutes by yourself out in nature will make you happier, grounded, creative, and productive.

"Take a quiet walk with Mother Nature. It will nurture your mind, body & soul." - Anthony Douglas


No comments:

Post a Comment